Cleaning tips on carpet cleaning
Rug Doctor machines are designed to deep-clean and extract in one cleaning pass.
Your best choice for cleaning difficult spots or stains is to use Rug Doctor's specialty products:
Avoid over-wetting your carpet. Don't go over heavily soiled spots more than 2 times. If additional cleaning is desired, allow carpets to dry before attempting to re-clean heavily soiled areas. Slightly overlap each pass to ensure no dirty carpet is missed.
The machine will not clean going forwards.
- When it is ON, keep machine moving so vibrating brush does not agitate in one place.
- You should recover 1/2 tank of dirty water for each tank of clean water used depending on your carpet type.
- To prevent stains, if replacing furniture before carpet is completely dry, place plastic or aluminium foil under furniture legs.
- Open windows and doors, or turn on air conditioning, dehumidifier or fan heater for faster drying. Drying time is usually around two hours, dependent on weather and carpet thickness.
We hope you enjoyed our carpet cleaning tips.
What to do before using Rug Doctor
Before You Begin Using Rug Doctor
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service centre.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use to pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not use without filters in place.
- Connect to a properly grounded outlet only.
- See 'Grounding Instructions' below.
- Use only on surfaces moistened by the cleaning process or small spills. Do not place machine in standing water or try to clear flooded areas.
- Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
- Do not use without upper (white) tank in place.
- The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
User maintenance instructions
User Maintenance Instructions
When using the Rug Doctor extraction machine, care should be taken to ensure that the power cord is not damaged by sharp objects, excessive bending, pulling or pinching. When cleaning task has been completed, the power cord should be stored by wrapping it around cord hooks on the handle. Tuck the plug between the layers of cord. All servicing of Rug Doctor machines should be performed only by authorized service representatives.